The ROUSH CleanTech team recently made the trip to Duluth, Minnesota to highlight the differences between diesel and propane buses during winter time operations. Temperatures during these tests ranged between -13 degrees to -18 degrees, with wind chills around -30 degrees. The goal for the cold weather test was to compare a diesel and propane bus in starting procedures and cabin temperatures at various points. To view the results of the tests, check out this video!
Month: February 2021
The all new Ford “Godzilla” 7.3L V8 Premium Gasoline Engine is NOW AVAILABLE in both School Bus and Commercial Bus products sold by North Central Bus & Equipment! The new engine, combined with the proven Ford TorqShift 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, provide more power and torque, improved durability and maintenance! Here’s just a few of the highlights of the Godzilla:
- All new heads with port fuel injection offer simpler maintenance and air flow
- Cooling jets improve piston durability and combustion efficiency
- All new cast iron block with four bolt and cross bolted main bearings provide maximum strength and stiffness in the bottom end for maximum durability
- Variable displacement oil pump provides more oil when needed or reduced parasitic losses under light loads
- In-block cam reduces engine height and width
- Variable cam timing improves engine efficiency
- Forged steel crankshaft offers strength and durability
*Data above provided by Ford Media Center
Contact your Salesperson today for more information!